Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My favorite comments from the past three days...

I have been working on a pretty intensive reading unit on questioning strategies for my formal observation, so my free time has been limited. Just to make sure I get something up here, I've saved some gems from the past three days. I love my job, there's no hiding that...if for no other reason than hearing things like the following...

"Hmmm...watch out, D's a vampire!"

"Ms. Eklund, you and Ms. D (my student teacher) are the QUEENS of the classroom."

"Ms. Eklund, Jose H. just called you "hhhhhhhotttttt"...and he wasn't kidding around." (this one specifically elicited a tremendous amount of giggles from the classroom)

"I'm pretty sure I'm never going to 2nd grade. (why?) Because first grade is a blast!"

"Ummm...Ms. Eklund? I lost my tooth." (as he walks up literally spitting his front tooth into his hand. Suddenly, three other kiddos had loose teeth. Ahh the power of suggestion.)

"Ms. Eklund? What does 'sexy' mean?" (hahahahaha - NOT touching that one. I told the student to ask his parent. "That's a great question for mommy or daddy," was my exact reply.)

"Ms. Eklund - watch!" (picture a kid taking his empty milk carton and smashing it on his head like a can.)" - seriously - that kid has watched too many Keith Stone commercials.

I'm trying to write things down...but it's been a pretty busy week. I am humbled by my students and their grace. They make me laugh every day.

No comments: