Saturday, February 11, 2012

I forget...

...that I'm 38 years old.  I forget that I don't have the flexibility or the arm strength I had in my youth.  But when a first grader asks me to swing from the monkey bars or play on the swings, I don't say "no", I jump right in and turn back into a 6 year old.  On Friday I decided to swing my way up the "A" shape made by the braces on the swing-set...you know - grab the bars and swing side-to-side until you make your way up to the top of the swings.  So - with the prompting of some of my students, I did.  I was happy I could still do it (haven't tried in probably 15 years), but now am paying the price.  My arms, shoulders and upper back muscles are SO sore today!  Time to get back to the gym, I suppose...or remember that I'm 38.  (naaahhhh - I'll go to the gym instead)

No comments: