Monday, April 6, 2009

13 stitches...and the persistent movie date request

That was the final count for my little guy from last week.  He was back in school today with 13 stitches and a wonderful attitude.  What a little trooper!! =)  I'm happy to have him back and so is the rest of my class.  We made him the CUTEST get well cards on Friday...I hope he keeps them forever.  My husband keeps commenting that when he was younger, probably a first grader himself, that he got really sick and his whole class made him cards.  He swears his mom still has them tucked away in a box somewhere!  It's pretty amazing the love that exudes from these little ones.  I'm sure glad he (my student) wasn't hurt worse...I don't know how the rest of the kiddos would have taken it.

"Ms. Eklund?  Will you come to my house after school to watch a movie?"  
(I'm sorry honey, I can't, I have an appointment tonight.)  
"Well, what about tomorrow night?"  
(Sorry sweety, I have an appointment tomorrow night too.)  
"Then what about Wednesday night...or Thursday night...or Friday night?"  
(I'm sorry honey, I just can't come over to your house and watch a movie.)  
"Well, I'm going to keep asking, because I know some day you'll say YES!"  
(Look honey, here's your Mom!)  Phew!   

Persistent little feller, isn't he?

No comments: