Saturday, September 13, 2008

Officially an Arizonan...

Yep...had to do it...I went and got my AZ driver's license this morning. Gone are the days of the easiest DL number in HISTORY (can't post it, that would be creepy). So...it's done...I'm an Arizonan now...only in name, not in political affiliation. However, the MAIN reason I got my new license is so that I could register to vote. After all, it is probably the most important election of my lifetime. Also, the updated picture is nice too =) (and it doesn't expire until 2038).

In 1st grade news, nothing much this week. No sex dreams, no leg rubbing, nothing weird, just a really good week of learning. I have one student who knew 45 of the 100 first grade sight words (high frequency words) on August 21st. As of Thursday, she knew 105 MORE...she nows ALL 100 first grade words, plus 50 of the second grade words! I'm SOOOO proud of her. My kiddos are really doing well this year, so far, on their reading skills. Over 1/2 my class knows over 50 HF words, with most of them in the 80's. So, I would say most of my class will know all 100 by Christmas. I have two kiddos well into their 2nd grade words, then it will be onto 3rd grade words and common phrases. It's awesome!!

We have parent/teacher conferences in two weeks and then I'm off for two weeks...I'm so excited and am definitely looking forward to a much needed break.

No comments: