Friday, December 13, 2013

Desert Safari

A few months ago Groupon UAE was offering a pretty darn good offer on what they called a "Desert Safari" experience.  For 99 AED, roughly $27, you get the following:

  • dune bashing
  • henna
  • traditional Bedouin BBQ
  • drinks (water, soda)
  • shisha
  • belly dancing
  • pictures in traditional attire
  • and more...

It was the best 99AED I've ever spent :)  We had SO much fun.  Our driver for dune bashing was insane, so we instantly liked him.  The food was so so good, the henna was beautiful...everything was picture perfect. :)  I will definitely be doing this again.

before the long trek up that mountain of sand behind me

sunset on the dunes

My friend gave up the fight to climb up the dune. lol

at the top

Go Ducks!

My friend, Mr. Camel :)

Bucket list item checked off :)

He was SO cute!

Mom - can I keep him?  (the camel - not the guy)

ATV dune bashing...at dusk...then by moonlight :)

belly dancer - she was amazing...


the following pics are out of order - these are on the way to there


nice look, Rachel ;)


hahaha - so much fun!



Love my adventurous friends!!

No comments: