Saturday, October 5, 2013

Decorating and Rugby

Slowly but surely, my apartment is coming together here.  Piece by piece I'm slowly turning my apartment into a "home" rather than just a place I happen to live in.  Hopefully, by the time Eric visits in December, my apartment will be homey and not feel so sterile.  I still have quite a bit to do, but my living room is coming along.  This is the view from my dining room table.  I did not choose the curtains...they came with the apartment.  Rather than spend the money to replace them, I'm working with them :)  The daytime view behind those curtains tho is fantastic!  As for decor - there are a few home stores nearby, but so far the favorite has been IKEA.  Slowly, but surely....inshallah ;)  As for pictures on the walls, I'm thinking of only doing photographs from home or ones I take here.  Getting them blown up and framed.  We'll see how that works.  More pics to come as my little place comes together.


RUGBY!!
 2013-10-04 18.02.05

A huge thanks to Rebecca for letting me borrow one of her pictures, as I absentmindedly took NONE of the tournament.  Some of my friends here know members of the team from Al Ain, so we went and cheered them on last night at the Sheikh Zayed Sports Complex.  It was good fun and reminded me of my favorite American Rugby team - the Highwaymen!  I miss cheering them on when they'd come to AZ for their tourneys.  One of my favorite people in the world - happens to be a crazy rugby player! ;)  So I dedicate this past weekend to Geoff and his rugby team.  Come on over to Abu Dhabi - they have tournaments here too!! :)  And a few wonderful post-rugby places to hang out.


That was about it for this weekend.  With Eid holiday coming up in about 10 days, there will be more exploring and adventures to come.  I may even go on my first camel ride!  (and try desperately not to face plant, like a friend of mine did...and it was caught on video...lol)  oooo....and I feel HER nickname finally coming to me... ;) I'll reveal it soon, friends, very soon.  Everyone needs a good nickname.  I have to be careful tho - because I don't get to choose mine...  ha ha

Oh - I did have my first out of school run in with a student today at IKEA.  I have twins in my classroom and heard the sweetest "Ms. Lara?" from behind me in the line at the cafe inside IKEA.  It was a treat to see two of my students outside of the classroom.  So fun!

No comments: