Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hecticity....

I know it's not a real word, but I think it should be one.  I think it pretty accurately reflects my life right now.  When you start teaching, no one really tells you what all the teaching profession entails.  You think, naively, that you will get your degree, interview for a job, get the job and then one day get your first classroom.  You will stand in front of that class and teach from these amazingly interactive and fun lesson plans you've prepared.  Your students will hopefully "get" it...they will learn and grow and you will send them on their merry way to the next grade level.  What no one tells you, is that along with teaching you will develop a desire to ensure that each student has the most amazing school experience they can have...which means you will spend long hours organizing family movie nights, creating the yearbook, being a Bingo caller, organizing the talent show and so much more.  All of this to ensure your school and these students you love and care for are given the best possible school experience.  What no one ever tells you, is that for the last few weeks of 4th quarter you will be so busy during the school week that you can't even see straight!  So - hecticity is my new word and it means, "the state, quality or an instance of being hectic."


It also means I have been too busy to keep up on this blog...so expect postings to increase as I get you caught up on the first grade follies of the past couple of months.  From my daily morning hugs and I love you's from one particular student, to the deep seated anger of another.  It has been a busy couple of months in my classroom both academically and emotionally.  The tender hearts of my firsties have been in full view.  

No comments: