Monday, January 5, 2009

Ladybugs...

"Mrs. Eklund??"
"Yes, sweety?"
"Did you know my boss, James J., eats ladybugs?"
(stifled laughter) "Umm, no honey, I didn't know that. Why does he eat ladybugs?"
"He just likes them...they're crunchy."
(again, stifled laughter) "Oh, well I can see that...but don't they make him sick?"
"Yea - he was up ALL night throwing up, but he's better now."
"That's good...so are you going to eat ladybugs??"
"No...everyone knows you aren't supposed to eat ladybugs."
(everyone except his "boss" apparently....)

Welcome back to me! =) Today was a great first day back, full of hugs, "I love you's", "I reeeeeeaaaallly missed you Mrs. Eklund", "Can you come to my house for a movie??" (not tonight honey) - "Well, are you EVERRRRR going to??", and smiles for miles. My kids were wonderful and eager to learn, which is probably due in part to their extreme lethargy today...they were tired little wee ones this morning...bags under their eyes and everything!! ;-) But, I'm excited for what this term will bring. I'm sure it will be full of more funny stories!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: