Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Funny from another teacher....(Erin's class)

Ok, so clearly I'm not the ONLY teacher out there that has funny-ass stories to share.  Here are a couple from my friend Erin's 1st grade class.  She really gets some gems =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a funny convo I had with one of my students:

In our small group we were talking about initial sounds (it's my group of 1's [lowest students])
 
Me:  "Ok, V, what is the beginning sound of the word CAT?"

V:  "Cat, cat, cat"

Me:  "Right, the word is 'cat', but can you tell me the beginning sound in 'cat'?"

V:  "Cat!"

Me:  "The word starts with a "C" (I point to the letter) and the initial sound is /k/.  Can you say that?"

V:  "CAT, CAT, CAT..."

Me:  (frustrated) "Yes, that's the WORD, but what's the sound??"

V:  "Meow!"

(Thank you ladies and gentlemen...) hahahahahaha

No comments: