Friday, August 29, 2008

The dream confession...

This one is too funny ... and totally, completely benign in nature.  Yesterday, I had a first grader who clearly found some of his parents reading "material" of the "naughty" kind and proceeded to tell me about a "funny" dream he had.  It turned out his "funny" dream was of the sexually explicit kind, and I don't mean "first grade" explicit...I mean graphically explicit (tongues down throats, lips on things and licking other things, AND he used hand movements - you can figure the exact details out for yourself).  It was all I could do not to bust up laughing in his face, because you could tell it was so innocent...nothing weird going on at home malicious in nature.  He just wanted to share his "funny" and "interesting" dream with me.  So, imagine receiving a phone call from your 6 year old's first grade teacher explaining to you that your son just revealed to her a sexually explicit dream involving another student in his class.  The mother was mortified, to say the least, and admitted that he had found where they kept their "things" about 10 days ago and that he had been having these "funny" dreams since.  She was sure I now thought they were "horrible" parents.  I simply told her that we were all adults, but that it might be a good idea to change the location of their "stuff"to make it less accessible to him.  She groaned and said, "it was only ONE time we did this..." and then her voice trailed off.  I was SO glad this was over the phone, because in person it would have been MORE uncomfortable.  I seriously couldn't stop laughing once I hung up with her.  When his dad came to pick him up after school, he couldn't even look me in the eye, he was so embarassed.  He said, "I just don't even know what to say to you right now...I'm just so...so...um"  I stopped him right there, just put my hand on his shoulder and said, "How about 'Have a nice afternoon Mrs. Eklund'...he kind of laughed, said it and then walked away.  ha ha ha  

How was YOUR week? =)

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh, that is hysterical, and sooo embarrassing! It sounds like you handled it well though.
darcy

Susie said...

Only you Lara.....only you....LoL